background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bud Light Ben's 30th Birthday Bash

On June 25th my wonderful hubby turned 30 years old. I have to admit, I was waiting for this day for the last two years because he can finally quit teasing me about being "old". Now he can be "old" with me:)haha!

The plan went off like clockwork. The evite went out, guests were RSVPing, the location was booked, a babysitter (Grammy and Papa) was set up for the kids, cake and cookies were ordered...now I just had to keep it a secret from Ben...who is quite the snooper! The day of his party I thought he was starting to figure things out until he got home from work and was a little down in the dumps because we didn't have much planned besides dinner (or so he thought). I played along and said that I tried to call some friends but they were just busy and couldn't make it.

Ben and I went and dinner at Abuelo's and had some margaritas while the guests were arriving at O'Dowds. Ben was taking his sweet time finishing his drink while I was trying to hurry him along because his guests were waiting.

The moment when we walked in is one I will not soon forget. A room full of family and friends awaited Ben and shouted "surprise" and "happy birthday". Saying he was shocked is an understatement... It was a great moment! We enjoyed delicious cake in the shape of a Bud Light can (made by Jenny Sheriff) and number 30 cookies (made by April Littrell), drank beer, took shots, laughed, sang a little and enjoyed the night thoroughly. I even received a text from Ben about an hour into the party that said, "If I forget to tell you later, this is the best birthday ever, I love you." Awww that is worth it right there. Love you too babe!

">here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

The Herrigs

The Herrigs