background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Growin' Like Weeds

Wow, the boys turned 8 months old on September 11th and I am still in disbelief. I am a little sentimental and weepy about every month that passes knowing that the boys are the last babies to join our family, and I want it to s-l-o-w down!! We all are enjoying them so much and they make us laugh a lot.

The best is seeing the interaction that Landon and Cole are having with one another. They try to take things from each other and Landon giggles while Cole screams at him...so funny!! They talk to each other from their cribs and completely avoid going to bed...so naughty! They smile and talk to each other and it seems like they understand what the other is saying and then off they go crawling together to explore...so cute!

Landon is a crawling, climbing, and standing machine. He is so fast and I don't ever remember the girls being this mobile this young. Sitting isn't for Landon; he would much rather be walking around and I think that is right around the corner. He can climb up the stairs on his own (don't worry we stay right behind him), climb on the fireplace ledge, climb on top of his walker (freaked Grammy out!!), and climb over whatever or whoever is in his way. Landon is such a smiley boy and loves attention. He gives great, big, slobbery kisses that you can't help but love, and he still LOVES his swing! He may be taking that to Kindergarten with him!!




Cole has quickly learned to keep up with Landon and is crawling and is pulling himself up onto things as well. He is really good with his hands...he twirls his bottle around in one hand and puts food in his mouth very easily with his pinchers. Cole also really likes Baby Einstein videos, we keep him to a minimum, but when he is super tired and cranky, nothing calms him down like a little Baby Neptune!! Coley is a mama's boy and loves to be held. He has lots to talk about and lets you know when you are doing something he is not happy about! Cole still has two teeth, but I think a few more may be popping through anytime. Reagan asked the other day, "Now he has teeth and is a big boy so we have to get him big boy panties!" If it were only that easy!! He is our shyguy and his sheepish grin and dimples just melts your heart.



Look out Coley...Landon's on the prowl!!


Both boys are eating Gerber 3rd foods and like most of them...Landon is a little more picky than Cole...he seems to be more of a fruit/dessert eater...can you blame the little guy? Smart beyond his years I tell ya. They LOVE buttered toast and have that every morning along with their baby cereal and fruit. We haven't tried too many "real" people food yet, but we are close. They do very well drinking out of their sippy cups and seem to be pretty proud of themselves.

We are loving every minute of raising these boys...and I mean ALL. The girls are the best big sisters and we couldn't be more blessed to have them love the boys as much as they do.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't believe it's been 8 months! Wasn't it just 6 months yesterday?

I love how they each look like one of the girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

The Herrigs

The Herrigs